Sometimes ( well, very often) I come to a blog or site I realy like and want to share. Both here on wordpress as on other blogspots and sites.
The easiest way for me to share them is on Pinterest. I am more visualy triggered than by words. And.., more than 3000 people follow my boards there.
But some of my ‘finds’ are less visual than others and I think some of them are more interesting for readers of this blog than for my followers on Pinterest. So I decided to add this link-page to this blog.
I do hope you will enjoy them. Suggestions for blogs and sites are welcome 🙂
- The first blogplace I want to link to is Seth Apter’s blog “The Altered Page”.
Followers of this blog know I adore the work of the Master Layer-Maker .
- We studied at the same Institute, she graduated one year earlier than me. “Rieneke van de Plicht-van Manen ” uses fabric and metal in her works of art ( tekstiel kunst). There is a cripsness in her work that I like.
- Arts and Crafts, hundreds of free downloadable e-books by ” Interweave “
- By accident I stumbled upom his site , Ryan McAmis is building a cathedral in miniature. I have never seen anything so beautifully made.Everything fits . Realy realy amazing!
- When I started altering books I did not know many artists ( esp in the USA) were doing the same. Later I discovered that there are also things called Artists Books. Artists books are handmade by the artist. The most intriguing and most beautifull artbooks I know of are those made by T. Eli. Nowadays most of his works are bought by musea or bookcollectors. But on internet you can find pictures. Here is a link to a nice interview
- One young painter I admire is Thyme Termaat. He is a dutchman now living in France; Here an interview with english undertitling: https://www.facebook.com/ThijmeTermaatOfficial/videos/309292206094294/
– It also would fit the category Art, but certainly it is beautifull. Little porcelain dream creatures here on Heroviral
- Pictures of nature sometimes with a koan…… tom8pie. https://tom8pie.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/story-time-koan-time-2/
- cold glass artist are a special brand and Jack Storms is very special indeed… weel, the great works he makes. Look at his site . And in this youtube video you can see how he makes those things of beauty.
- The big pharmaceutical compagnies seem to have taken the right to produce medicins. Old medicins like herbs are forbidden to claim a good effect on health or on curing illnesses. Eons old ways of curing people like acupuncture, homeopathy and ( less older) antroposophic cures are called “alternatives” while they are more and much more the real thing than the new allopatic cures and chemistry based pharmaceutical based medicins.
Here is a good link to a site where you can learn all about herbs and how to use them: Whispering Earth
- The Mercator-projection which is used on ‘our’ worldmaps is grossly distorting the sizes of all countries on earth. To see their real sizes, look here
- The young Australian author Chris Nicholas ( first book in 2015 when he was 26) describes in well chosen words the ups and downs in his life and his thoughts about them. Even if you cannot connect to his lifestyle and age, the way he writes is a joy. “ The Renegade Press ” I surely recommend,although it is a pity he is so very much self-centered.
- About what makes an artist: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/08/09/7-common-character-traits-shared-by-the-most-creative-people/
- I am interested in science esp Physics and especialy in all things having to do with particles behaving differently while being observed. A group of blogwriters do write about that on Rationalizing the Universe . I do not always understand what they write about, but maybe you can 🙂
- Belgian photographer Ludwig de Latter makes beautiful black and white pictures of simple things in his “mijn kleine wereld ” (my small world), for instance a picture of a crack in the pavement or a piece of weathered wood.His playing with light and darkness is superb! ( I think).
- Sandra makes colourpictures of landscapes and animals. Birds and insects are to her the most important.I think her best pictures are the macro ones. And extra special: she determines which fly or bee or whatever it is. She has discovered some insects never seen before in the Netherlands. Visit her on ” Sandra’s fotoblog “.
- Everybody on the world ( well, okay, a few have not) have seen the picture of the Afghan girl with the blue eyes made by “Steve Mccurry ” for National Geographic. Here on wordpress he has a blog in which he shows his pictures based on themes and he adds quotes from all sorts of books to them.
more links are added now and then, so don’t forget to look here now and then 🙂